Sunday sorted: Free community festival fun for sustainability
Leap into the festivities this Sunday November 5 to celebrate people and nature in our region’s first BiospHERO Day event, with a stacked stage program running alongside free workshops and activities for the whole family.
Leap into the festivities this Sunday celebrating people and nature in our region’s first BiospHERO Day, with a stacked stage program running alongside free workshops and activities for the whole family.
The free event on November 5 at 10am-3pm will transform the MET in Maroochydore into a hub of big ideas, entertainment, crafts, food trucks and much more, bringing the community together in our Sunshine Coast Biosphere to mark International Day for Biosphere Reserves.
Learn about traditional Kabi Kabi dance from traditional custodian Lyndon Davis, check out the showcase from this year’s Kids in Action BiospHEROES, enjoy live music from young singer-songwriter Mason Hope, connect with local producers and explore Biosphere soundscapes from across the world.
Save the date
- When: Sunday, November 5, 10am-3pm
- Where: The Metropolitan, Cnr First Ave and South Sea Islander Way, Maroochydore
- Bring: Reusable cup, cutlery, water bottle, sun-safe wear and broken small household items and clothing for mending at the Repair Cafe
- Booking: Registrations essential for free workshops at the event page and through Eventbrite.
Crafty kids will love the suite of workshops including clay art filled with seeds that will naturally break down in your garden, while Kabi Kabi traditional custodian Aunty Bri will guide participants in basket weaving.
BiospHERO Day aims to be free of plastic waste, so bring your reusable cup, cutlery and water bottle, along with sunscreen and sun-safe wear.
Take your broken small household items and clothing along to the Repair Café, with volunteers set to give goods a second chance at life to reduce waste, share skills and save money.
Workshop places are filling up fast, so visit the Sunshine Coast Events page find out more and register.
In the spirit of BiospHERO Day, consider carpooling or public transport, or join up with friends to walk, scoot or ride to the event.
Priority parking will be available for bikes and scooters.
What to look forward to
- Basket weaving with Aunty Bri
- Bush food tastings
- Jump on the smoothie bike and blend your own pedal-powered smoothie
- Listen to Biosphere soundscapes from around the world
- Try out an e-bike or e-scooter with the ThinkChange sustainable travel team
- Live music from singer songwriter and Young Citizen of the Year Mason Hope
- Community garden tour
- Showcase from Kids in Action BiospHEROES
- Local food producers and agribusinesses
- Fun games
- And much more!