Huge thank you to everyone who participated in Plastic Free July this year! By taking small actions every day, we can all be part of the solution.
If you’re feeling inspired and ready build on the great plastic-free habits you’ve developed during July, we’ve got some more ideas for you:
- Think about what food and household items you might be able to DIY
- Avoid pre-packaged fruit and vegetables. Buying loose fruit and veggies in your own mesh produce bags can save a huge amount of unnecessary plastic.
- Start buying staples at a bulk store. Flour, rice, pasta, grains, and oils are all available, so are detergents and shampoos. BYO jar, box or bag.
- Buy milk in refillable glass bottles if possible or try making your own nut milk from almonds or cashews.
- Switch to loose leaf tea and avoid tea bags. Some supermarkets sell it in boxes or try a bulk food store. Ginger, fresh lemon slices or mint from the garden also make relaxing alternatives.
Keep up the good work!
To learn more about the actions other Plastic Free July participants take visit the website to read their stories: plasticfreejuly.org/what-others-do
For more tips and tricks on sustainable living, all year round, head to Council’s Living Smart website: www.livingsmartqld.com.au