Ocean Street, Maroochydore placemaking and Marcoola Beach streetscape renewals are among the Sunshine Coast Council 2022–23 Budget highlights for Division 8.
Council’s $847 million budget includes a diverse and valuable mix of projects to create a stronger, better, sustainable Sunshine Coast.
Sunshine Coast Division 8 Councillor Jason O’Pray said council would invest in many worthy projects across the community.
“This includes almost $1.7 million upgrading stormwater infrastructure at School Road, Maroochydore,” Cr O’Pray said.
“A $1.3 million investment will be shared across Division 8 parks and gardens to replace seating, bollards and make exciting upgrades to park amenities and playgrounds.
“Warwick Daniels Lake View Park playground at Twin Waters will receive a $100,000 playground renewal including new playground equipment, soft-fall and edging, a sandstone retaining wall, new shade sale and new shade trees.
“Patrons of the North Shore Multi-Sports Complex and visiting sports clubs will be pleased to hear change rooms will also be upgraded.
“A further $1.3 million will go towards finalising the $1.5 million amenities refurbishment at Mudjimba Holiday Park, a popular destination for locals and tourists year-round.
“Council will invest $300,000 in 2022-23 to continue planning and design of the Ocean Street, Maroochydore rejuvenation. The State Government has also provided $500,000 towards construction of the project.”
Council handed down its $847 million budget on June 23.
For further information on Sunshine Coast Council’s 2022–23 Budget, including a full list of Division 8 projects, visit www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/budget.
Division 8 2022–23 Budget Highlights include:
• Stormwater upgrade School Road Stage 1, Maroochydore $1,697,992
• Mudjimba Holiday Park Amenities refurbishment, Mudjimba $1,320,000
• Change rooms upgrade, North Shore Multi-Sports Complex, Mudjimba* $800,000
• Sports field lighting, North Shore Football Club, Marcoola** $650,000
• Retaining Wall – Main Road, Kuluin, Maroochydore $450,000
• Bridge and boardwalk renewal Neurum Road, Yaroomba $320,000
• Design/planning stormwater upgrade Anzac Ave to Picnic Point, Maroochydore $309,395
• Planning and design Ocean Street placemaking rejuvenation, Maroochydore * $300,000
• Amenities renewal, Keith Royal Oval Park, Marcoola $270,000
• New transport link Primary School Court to Pikki Street, Maroochydore $250,000
• Plan and design open space beautification, Marcoola Esplanade, Marcoola $105,000
• Park playground Warwick Daniels Lake View, Twin Waters $100,000
• Viewing platform North Shore dog park, Mudjimba $100,000
• Orungal Park playground renewal, Marcoola $80,000
• Pathway renewal, Prestwick Drive, Twin Waters $75,000
• Consultation and planning Coastal Pathway link, Duporth Avenue, Maroochydore $70,000
• Playground shade Eliza Peatling Park, Pacific Paradise $60,000
• Beach Access 131 Twin Waters beach Shower relocation and renewal $34,000
• Beach Access 100 shower renewal, Marcoola Esplanade North, Marcoola $25,000
• Softfall replacement Birrahl Park playground, Yaroomba $23,000
• Streetscape renewal, Marcoola Beach, Marcoola $20,000
• Design and construction new pathway, South Coolum Road, Coolum Beach $20,000
*Proudly funded by the Queensland Government in association with Sunshine Coast Council.
**Proudly funded by the Federal Government in association with Sunshine Coast Council.
DIVISION 8 SUBURBS
Coolum Beach, Marcoola, Maroochydore, Mount Coolum, Mudjimba, Pacific Paradise, Point Arkwright, Twin Waters, Yaroomba.