Stormwater management is about protecting our waterways from pollutants and increased and concentrated flows, using rainwater and stormwater as a resource and ensuring homes and infrastructure are not flooded during storm events.
Here are a few ways you can help contribute to a more sustainable Sunshine Coast:
- wash vehicles on grassed areas or at designated car washes
- participate in local environmental groups and clean-up events
- pick up litter when safe to do so
- dispose of litter, chemicals and animal waste responsibly
- avoid stormwater hazards
- notify Council of problems and potential hazards
- HAVE YOUR SAY on the Draft Stormwater Management Strategy!
The Draft Stormwater Management Strategy aims to identify existing and future issues and outlines ways they can be addressed.
Visit Council’s website to have your say on the draft strategy by 5pm Friday 14 May.