It can be as easy as picking one single-use plastic item to avoid or swap for a reusable alternative.
Many people choose to avoid the Top 4 single-use plastics:
- Take-away coffee cups
- Plastic shopping bags
- Plastic straws
- Water bottles.
Some ‘go for gold’ and try to eliminate all single-use plastics for a month.
It’s popular to form or join a group to take the challenge together.
This could be the start of a life-changing experience for you, your family, your colleagues, or your local school.
Here’s some inspiration to get started
- Organise a Plastic Free Morning Tea at your workplace or playgroup
- Take the Pesky Plastics Quiz
- Learn how to Make your own beeswax wraps with this informative Living Smart video
- Join the action through the Sunshine Coast Council Beach clean up program
- Learn all there is to know about how to Get Plogging or start a Plog a Thon!
- Read inspiring stories of what others do
- Register with millions of other people to join the Plastic Free Challenge at plasticfreejuly.org Participants receive weekly tips to help them to keep motivated, and enjoy stories from others around the world who are reducing plastic in their lives.
Visit Council’s Living Smart website for details on what’s happening near you: www.livingsmartqld.com.au