Ever wondered what goes into building a road? Take a look at the works completed as part of Stage 1 of the Mooloolaba Transport Corridor Upgrade (MTCU).
The video shows Walan Street being widened to four traffic lanes which has improved traffic flow between Venning Street and Smith Street, Mooloolaba.
The upgrade wrapped up in April 2021 and included the four laning of Walan Street, a new signalised intersection at Walan Street and Naroo Court, a formalised pedestrian crossing across Walan Street and Naroo Court with pram and disability compliant access ramps as well as landscaping and green spaces.
Sunshine Coast Council’s Mooloolaba Transport Corridor Upgrade project is being constructed in four stages over a period of four years (2019 – 2023).
In addition to improving traffic flow, this important project will enhance the southern entrance into Mooloolaba and create a corridor that is integrated and inviting for pedestrians, cyclists, motorists and public transport users.
For more details visit council’s website; Mooloolaba Transport Corridor Upgrade.
Mooloolaba Transport Corridor Upgrade Fast Facts:
The Mooloolaba Transport Corridor Upgrade widening of Brisbane Road and Walan Street, is a multi-stage upgrade project.
- Stage 1A (completed in October 2019) $2 million extension of Naroo Court through to Muraban Street including a new roundabout.
- Stage 1B (completed in April 2021) $8.5 million Walan Street upgrade between Venning Street and Smith Street to four traffic lanes.
- Stage 2 (2021 – 2022) Brisbane Road from 42 Brisbane Road through to Kyamba Court including the new Mayes Canal Bridge.
- Stage 3 (2021 – 2022) Intersection of Brisbane Road/Walan Street/Hancock Street.
- Stage 4 (2023) Brisbane Road from near Bindaree Crescent to Culbara Street including Tuckers Creek Bridge.
All stages and scheduled timeframes may change subject to weather, site conditions, council’s budget process and other funding.