A $1.5 million investment to upgrade Cotton Tree Holiday Park, a further $12.9 million to continue the road upgrades in Mooloolaba, $2.1 million to start upgrading First Avenue at Maroochydore and significant upgrades to parks are among some of the Sunshine Coast Council 2022–23 Budget highlights for Division 4.
Council’s $847 million budget includes a diverse and valuable mix of projects to create a stronger, better, sustainable Sunshine Coast.
Sunshine Coast Council Division 4 Councillor Natoli said council had worked very hard to deliver a budget that had something for everyone.
“With an increasingly diverse and growing community the projects included in this year’s budget will please many Division 4 residents,” Cr Natoli said.
“The Cotton Tree Holiday Park is set to receive a million-dollar facelift across a number of areas to ensure it remains a destination-of-choice for residents and visitors.
“The extensive $1.5 million upgrade will deliver a new camp kitchen, new blinds across all cabins and a major overhaul to a large area of powered tent and van sites within the park.
“Road safety continues to be a high priority with planning and design starting on two major intersections in Maroochydore including Maud Street, Dalton Street and Sugar Road, as well as the intersection of Maud Street and Comstar Avenue.
“The Mooloolaba Transport Corridor Upgrade will also move into its next stage with the upgrade of Brisbane Road between Kyamba Court and Tuckers Creek.
“Council is also investing in several infrastructure projects to improve streetscape, active transport and traffic flow at Maroochydore.
“A new attractive streetscape will soon transform First Avenue, Maroochydore, into a vibrant, shady and inclusive CBD link, providing businesses, residents and visitors a more inviting space to live, work and play.
“Funds will be invested in Division 4 parks and playgrounds to help the Sunshine Coast community achieve a healthy, active and sustainable lifestyle.
“Exercise equipment and new playground features will be installed at Alexandra Headland, Maroochydore, Buddina, Warana and Parrearra and barbecue areas, which will be renewed at Mooloolaba, Minyama and Buddina.
“Funding has also been allocated to design a shelter shed at the John Hotton Park, Warana.”
Council handed down its $847 million budget on June 23.
For further information on Sunshine Coast Council’s 2022–23 Budget, including a full list of Division 4 projects, visit www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/budget.
Division 4 2022–23 Budget highlights include:
• Maroochydore PDA – multi deck car park, Maroochydore $14,400,000
• Mooloolaba Transport Corridor Upgrade – Brisbane Rd, Mooloolaba** $12,875,000
• First Avenue Streetscape, Maroochydore * $2,100,000
• Maroochy Groynes extension construction, Maroochydore $1,700,000
• Cotton Tree Holiday Park upgrades $1,500,000
• Outrigger boat ramp carparking, Minyama** $900,000
• Planning and design Mooloolaba Foreshore Central Meeting Place, Mooloolaba $350,000
• Alan Walker Park amenities renewal, Buddina $300,000
• Plaza Parade Stage 2 – 4 Lane Upgrade, Maroochydore $300,000
• La Balsa Park boat ramp amenities renewal, Buddina $250,000
• John Hotton Park public amenities renewal, Warana $230,000
• Outrigger Park public amenity, Minyama* $215,000
• La Balsa Park playground renewal – Two Sites, Buddina $210,000
• Kawana Water treatment plant boardwalk, Warana $200,000
• Rosella Park playground renewal, Parrearra $100,000
• Pool precint detailed design, Des Scanlan Park, Cotton Tree $60,000
• Detailed design for traffic calming devices 4th Ave, Cotton Tree – $50,000
• Peirce Park Playground Shade, Maroochydore $45,000
• Alex Forest Walking Trail renewal, Alexandra Headland $40,000
• Pedestrian refuge design Goonawarra Dr, Mooloolaba $25,000
• Community consultation and concept design John Hotton Park, Warana $20,000
• Design for a raised pedestrian crossing Bermagui Cresent, Buddina $20,000
• Investigation/Planning dog off leash park – Mooloolaba/Maroochydore area $15,00
*Proudly funded by the Queensland Government in association with Sunshine Coast Council
** Proudly funded by the Federal Government in association with Sunshine Coast Council
DIVISION 4 SUBURBS
Alexandra Headland, Buddina, Maroochydore, Minyama, Mooloolaba, Parrearra, Warana.