Sunshine Coast Council through Creative Spaces and LJ Projects are offering a funded three-week studio residency and artist-led development opportunity to an individual or group to create and share their work with the Sunshine Coast.
Artists will be required to deliver an industry showing and artists from outside the region will be expected to collaborate with Sunshine Coast based artists or communities.
• Up to $8,000 for artist fees and project expenses (including travel and accommodation if required)
• Flexible artist-led development and residency format with options of mentorship, peer dialogue and community engagement
• Residency period: consecutive 3 week block between 10 May – 15 June
• Studio access from 9am – 4pm Monday – Friday (and one weekend to be confirmed)
• Artists from outside of the Sunshine Coast are expected to collaborate with Sunshine Coast based artists (from any discipline)
• Artists will be expected to present a small industry showing at completion of residency
• LJ Projects, 1/131 Currie St, Nambour
• Purpose built, ply flooring
• 104 squ. mtrs, with showers, kitchen and amenities
• Wifi access, office space and printer access
• Walking distance from train line – Nambour station (direct from Brisbane)
Submissions close 5pm Monday 19 April – visit council’s website for more information.